How to Join (old)
The process of joining Extension Education starts right here on this website. The interactive application form will guide you through the necessary steps, including filling in the required government forms!
If you don’t already have an account with us, you’ll need to create one – don’t worry, it’s quick and easy! Login and signup options are available on the left-hand side of this page. This allows us to keep track of your application.
Once you’re logged in, you can use the following links to continue the process:
Before you do, please read through the requirements below.
All applicants are required to:
- Submit a full psychometric testing report (IQ test) that has been undertaken by a registered psychologist (within the past 5 years).*
- Successfully complete one trial day, demonstrating motivation and maturity to ensure readiness for an accelerated educational environment.
- Sit an interview with our Principal or interview panel.
* IQ test may be taken following first successful trial day. Testing costs a minimum of $800 and must be arranged privately, independently of Extension Education. The QAGTC lists suitable psychologists experienced in IQ testing on their website: http://www.qagtc.org.au/psychologists-and-counsellors
The following psychometric tests are accepted:
- Stanford-Binet V (SB-V or SB-5): for Full Scale Verbal or Non-Verbal.
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – IV (WISC IV): for Full Scale or Verbal or Perceptual Reasoning.
- Weschler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence (WPPSI-III): for Full Scale of Verbal or Performance IQ.
- Hold standard score of 125 or greater – 95% or higher on domains of the accepted IQ tests listed above.
- Perform at or have the potential to perform at a high academic level.
- Demonstrate a sufficient standard of reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- Fully up to date with all required vaccinations for child’s age.
Please note: We are unable to advise parents as to whether or not their child’s scores will qualify them for the program outside of the context of a complete application. We reserve the right to grant or decline enrolment following a complete application process, interview with our Principal or interview panel and a trial day with the class to assess the group dynamic.